Volunteer Event Assistant- Job description
The Latin American Mining Monitoring Programme (LAMMP) is a London-charity supporting rural and indigenous women who are affected by the extractive industry in Latin America.
Our vision is a future where women’s voices and concerns influence corporate practice and mining policy-making. Our objectives are to empower rural and indigenous women in their efforts to ensure that land and mineral resources are exploited sustainably, with a gender perspective and within a framework of respect for their human rights.
An Event Assistant is required to provide support for the coordination of an international conference scheduled for October 2015. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and responsible individual with a commitment to social change.
* Provide logistical assistance for the organisation of the international conference that will take place in October 2015, with a target audience of 80 attendees
* Support fundraising initiatives for the event on behalf of LAMMP
* Outreach to wider audience to promote event and encourage attendance
* Respond to enquiries in relation to the conference
* Manage some operational responsibilities including setting up and organising resources and materials
* Add, update and manage event information in database
* Update website and social media with event presentations and webcasts
* Involvement in fundraising, budgeting, planning and execution of all event logistics such as location, timing, technological support, catering and event experience.
* Take minutes and support write up of report following the conference.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience in event organisations
* Highly motivated and hands on attitude, with ability to work in high pressured environment
* A team player with excellent organisational capabilities
* Experience working with a budget
* Strong IT skills with knowledge of social media
* Commitment to human rights and gender justice
* knowledge or will to learn about creating and developing website
* Good working knowledge of Spanish (desirable)
What benefits can I expect?
* To develop new and existing skills in areas of event management, fundraising and communication
* To contribute to a unique project advocating for women’s human rights across the world
* To strengthen knowledge and experience working for a not-for profit organisation committed to social change
Please note that this position is on a voluntary basis with daily expense covered. The candidate must commit to volunteering for a minimum of 1 day a week in LAMMP’s office in Bromley.
The role will ideally be from April to November 2015.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and update C.V. before 27 March 2015 to: Leilah Gordon-Bates at [email protected]